Sunday, September 27, 2009

Thai Curry Crock Pot



I'm always on the lookout for great crock pot recipes. This thai curry recipe got 5 out of 5 stars on Recipezaar, so I decided to try it. I altered the recipe a little by using...

butternut squash and red bell pepper instead of potatoes
regular Thai curry paste instead of Massaman curry paste
brown sugar instead of palm sugar
garnished with purple thai basil instead of peanut and coriander

The resulting beef was so tender and juicy, as is true in all crock pot-ted beef. The flavor was great--it was just spicy enough, with a mild coconut flavor. The only problem was that the broth was a bit watery for my taste. Perhaps this was because I omitted the potatoes and added a red bell pepper.

Original Recipe:


Original Recipe's Ingredients:


0 comments: