Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bludso's BBQ

Brisket and Beef ribs with mac and cheese and baked beans

The internet has been a-buzzing ever since Bludsos BBQ opened its doors less than a year ago in Compton. Claims of "the best BBQ in L.A." made me want to check this place out for myself! Brad and I were in the area earlier to check out the Watts towers and a jazz and drum festival, so after we got our drum-fix, we headed off for some good Texas style BBQ.

We were surprised that while we were at Bludso's scarfing down our food, there was quite a diverse mix of people coming through those doors. There were the locals, for sure, but there were also out of towners who I'm sure usually never cross the Compton line... Except for good bbq!

We got the brisket and rib combo for only $10. It was enough to feed both of us easily with leftovers. The meat was melt in your mouth, and the sauce (we got it mild) was peppery and sweet and just tangy enough. I loved it.

Finally, I must mention that the people at Bludso's were so friendly and nice. We even got a free red velvet cupcake while we were waiting!

Red velvet cupcake
Oh by the way--if you go here I would suggest take-out; there's hardly any seating at this small place. They take both cash and credit.

811 S Long Beach Blvd
Compton, CA 90221
(310) 637-13421342

0 comments: