Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Chicken Liver Crostini


This may not be the prettiest picture on my website, but trust me when I say that it is delicious (if you like chicken liver, that is!) I got these livers from the Santa Monica farmer's market. The chickens are all free range and have never been fed corn or soy--amazing, right? The quality comes through when you taste it.

I think the addition of the lemon zest really makes this dish pop. The only adjustment I made to the recipe is using homemade chicken broth instead of canned.

Here's the recipe:


Ingredients:

  • 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 4 anchovy fillets
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 12 ounces chicken livers
  • 1/3 cup dry white wine
  • 1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
  • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage

  • 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel

Serve over a French bread baguette.

Note some of the adjustments the reviewers suggest on Epicurious. The main adjustment is to take the livers out and reduce the broth separately.

0 comments: