Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Marinated Eggplant with Capers and Mint


Marinated Eggplant with Capers and Mint, Taragon Scrambled Eggs

I am used to always eating eggplant with tomato sauce, so when I found this recipe in an old issue of Gourmet, I knew I had to try this intriguing tomato-free version of eggplant.

The results exceeded my expectations; the eggplant was light and refreshing thanks to the mint leaves, with just a little tartness from the vinegar and capers. Surprisingly, the mint complimented the eggplant perfectly and didn't overpower the dish at all. This just might be my favorite way to eat eggplant now!

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound thin Italian or Asian eggplants (2 to 3), cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
  • 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
  • 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
  • 1/4 cup chopped mint
  • 2 tablespoons small capers, rinsed

Recipe:



0 comments: