Friday, March 19, 2010

Moong Dal


I made this recipe the other day with mung beans. It has the flavors of India, such as garam masala and cumin. It might not look pretty, but it tasted great. I soaked the mung beans overnight to make them more digestible. I guess mung beans are touted as a great bean because they are easy to digest and contain tons of nutrients. Click here for the full recipe.
  • 1 cup moong or split moong or maash daal
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion (optional)
  • 3 tablespoons cooking oil
  • 5-10 cloves garlic, minced or thinly sliced into little ovals
  • 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
  • 2-3 dried red chilies
  • 3-4 sprigs chopped fresh cilantro
  • Dash garam masala (optional)


1 comments:

Jennica Goo said...

Awesome! Thanks Jo! It just so happens, I have all those ingredients on hand at the moment since I've been on an Indian kick. I'm totally trying this recipe.

Mung also reminds me of a lot of Vietnamese food. YUM!