Friday, March 5, 2010

Harumi's Mabo Tofu


I made this fantastic mabo tofu from the cookbook Everyday Harumi. It was unbelievably easy and sooooo good. This is a dish I can see everyone enjoying. Click here for the full recipe.

1 1/4 cups dashi stock (see recipe below)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon superfine sugar
1 tablespoon sake
2 tablespoons mirin
2 fat cloves garlic
1/2 ounce fresh ginger, peeled
2 scallions
1 pound, 5 ounces silken tofu
salt
vegetable oil
7 ounces ground pork or beef
2 dried red chiles, sliced into rings
1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water

1 comments:

Jennica Goo said...

wow, that looks perfect! I need to give it a shot. I've always sort of made up my mapo tofu recipe, and Raquel likes it. But, I think it lacks original flavor. This looks great.