Monday, January 18, 2010

Tokkuri Tei, Hawaii



Open faced ahi sandwiches

Tokkuri Tei has been on my "to go" list ever since my mom gave me the cookbook as a present. So with book in hand, I went over to Tokkuri Tei not just once, but twice during my visit to Hawaii. And to the waitress's surprise, I brought out my cookbook both times and pointed to the pictures to order. Haha.

I forgot my camera the first time, but the second time I was sure to bring it. We ordered:

-lomi salmon redefined (salmon sashimi with ponzu sauce and salmon roe and tempura flakes on top)
-ahi open faced sandwiches (tempura nori with ahi on top, drizzled with mayo and topped with fish roe
-squid pancake (on the menu it says "taste like pumpkin pie"... it sort of does, actually, but it's not very sweet, quite chewy like mochi and has bits squid in it. topped with bonito flakes)

My favorite was the ahi open faced sandwiches...so good.

On the first visit, we also tried the grilled rice skewers, chicken yakitori, mushroom pork bundles, and a couple of other dishes I can't remember. The chef/owner was there both times and he signed my book for me.

Redefined lomi salmon
Squid pancake

0 comments: