Monday, January 11, 2010

3660 On the Rise, Hawaii


For Christmas, I was given a gift certificate to 3660 on the Rise in Hawaii. I'd been to 3660 many times before with family, but I always ordered the steak. It was time to try something new.

After eating the purple taro rolls ("In Hawaii, taro is a traditional staple, as in many tropical areas of the world, and is the base for making poi..." -wikipedia), we ordered the raw oysters, ahi katsu, clam and corn chowder, opaka with black bean sauce, and tempura cat fish. Brad loved his catfish (he's a Southern boy after all), but my favorites were the oysters and the ahi katsu (raw tuna wrapped in nori(?) and breaded just on the outside so that the tuna's still raw) . Just to give you an idea of how good the katsu was, we were using the bread rolls to sop up the sauce.

No dessert, we were so stuffed afterwards (and had leftovers for the next day!). One thing you gotta love about Hawaii fine dining; they don't skimp on the portions.

taro rolls

ahi katsu looks like a happy face
raw oysters
clam and corn chowder
opaka with black bean sauce

tempura catfish (they gave lots!)

1 comments:

Jennica Goo said...

Seeing as how 3660 On The Rise is down the street from me, I'm embarrassed to say that I've never been before. But, now that I've seen your pics, I'm TOTALLY going the next time I got home.