Friday, January 29, 2010

Harumi's Carrot and Tuna Salad



I've recently discovered Harumi, the Japanese version of Martha Stewart, and I've been trying out some of her easy Japanese recipes. This one is one of her most famous dishes and although the name sounds boring, it's a show stopper. Here's my version.. Click here for the original version (although the measurements are in grams).


Ingredients (serves 4):
1 cup julienned carrots, peeled
half a tin of tuna
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp oil (I use olive oil)

Dressing:
2 tbsp white wine vinegar / white vinegar (I use rice wine vinegar)
1 tbsp mustard (I use dijon although they recommend french grain mustard)
Salt and pepper to taste
Soy sauce to taste

Directions:
1. Cut the carrots into lengths of 5-6cm think juliennes.

2. Saute the carrots, onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes over medium heat. (When you’re done the carrots should still have a little bit of crunch in them.)

3. Once the carrots are lightly cooked, add the drained tuna and then the dressing and mix well.

4. Serve hot or cold.


0 comments: