Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Shokudo, Hawaii


It took me a second to realize that Shokudo in Hawaii is the same restaurant as Tokyo Table in Los Angeles. I guess they thought Angelenos wouldn't take to the Japanese name.

I'd eaten at Tokyo Table in L.A. a while back, and I loved their sweet honey toast. So when I was trying to find a dessert spot open late on a weekday in Hawaii, my toast cravings got kicked into full gear.

Shokudo is open till 1 or 2 am and (like Tokyo Table) has amazing honey toast. The bread is a Japanese style of bread which is softer and sweeter than American bread. They toast it then slice the inside into cubes. It's served with vanilla ice cream and your choice of other toppings (I chose sweet azuki beans). The serving is huge--definitely enough to share with others. It was a fun night with good friends.

0 comments: