Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas Dinner in Hawaii


cranberry sauce and turkey

Christmas dinner is always a huge family affair in which everyone brings tons of food over, stuffs themselves, then takes home plates and plates of leftovers. It's also one of my favorite days of the year because I get to see all of my family in one place.

This Christmas, even though Brad's family couldn't come over, they were with us in spirit. To accompany the Christmas turkey, I made a cranberry sauce using the recipe that Brad's sister used for Thanksgiving. I also made his family's sweet potato casserole and a crab deviled eggs. It was nice bringing a touch of the South to Hawaii.

The dishes were a success. Everyone raved about the sweet potatoes and the cranberry sauce, and the deviled eggs disappeared in minutes. I got the recipe for the deviled eggs from epicurious. Here are the ingredients I used.. Click here for the full recipe.

Crab Deviled Eggs

  • 8 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
  • 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
  • 1 tablespoon minced shallot
  • 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
  • 8 ounces crabmeat

  • Fresh tarragon sprigs (optional)


dad's macaroni salad and pork ribs
beef stew
crab deviled eggs


mochi and anpan

0 comments: