Thursday, October 1, 2009

Chocolate Dipped Frozen Bananas



"There's always money in the banana stand..." -George from Arrested Development

I love recipes with few ingredients, and this one's just about as simple as it gets. Of course, feel free to embellish it by adding some chopped nuts, candy, sprinkles or toasted coconut.

The recipe is from April's Bon Appetit. It's such a fun little snack that's relatively healthy and so easy to make! I tweaked it just a little by using coconut butter instead of canola oil.

By the way, Artisana coconut butter has become my new best friend. I reach for it whenever I'm craving dessert, and just a spoonful of it always satisfies my sweet tooth. It's different from coconut oil because it has the pulp of the coconut mixed in. I got mine at Whole Foods for about 10 dollars.

Here's the recipe:


Ingredients:

  • 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips (I used part of a dark chocolate bar)
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil (I used raw Artisana coconut butter)
  • Assorted toppings for coating bananas (such as crushed chocolate sandwich cookies, toffee bits, chopped Butterfinger candy bars, chopped salted peanuts, or toasted shredded sweetened coconut)
  • 3 ripe bananas, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices

Coconut butter supposedly speeds up the metabolism! Who knew?
Dark chocolate bar from Trader Joes

0 comments: