Thursday, October 22, 2009

Chef Ludo at Ludos Bites, Hollywood

Hey everyone! I've been busy lately, so haven't been able to blog much this week, but here's a meal I had a little while back that I thought you all would like. These dishes are the creation of Chef Ludo, and they really push the envelope.

Vanilla Panna Cotta, Caramel, Caviar

I
saw chef Ludo freaking out with his pigs ear quesadillas on Top Chef Masters and instantly liked the guy. I'm glad I caught him on his "limited time only" run of Ludo Bites.

We ordered:

Pork Belly, Asian Marinade, Mustard Ice Cream, Frisee, Vadouvan: My favorite dish of the night. The pork belly was melt in y
our mouth, and the mustard ice cream on top of the frisee was surprisingly refreshing after all that fatty pork.

Fried Chicken in Duck Fat, Fingerl
ing Potato, Tapenade, Red Bell Pepper Ketchup: Tasted like good fried chicken. Not my favorite dish, but the red bell pepper ketchup was a nice addition.

Black Croque-Monsieur, Ham, Cherry, Amaretto: I loved the presentation of this dish--ham sandwiched between two slabs of soot black toast with cherry sauce underneath. The toast isn't burnt--it's dyed with squid ink! It was like a piece of art and was so sinfully rich.

Vanilla Panna Cotta, Caramel, Caviar: Tiny. I mean, the size of a half dollar. The mix of salty, sweet and creamy always works. Great (tiny) dish.

Chocolate Cup Cake, Chantilly, Candied Bacon-Almonds, Maple Syrup: I'm a sucker for chocolate paired with bacon. The candied bacon-almonds sprinkled on top were chewy, like toffee. The bacon added a wonderful smokey aftertaste to the dessert.

Oh, and did I mention the complimentary bread with lavender honey butter? I never knew butter could be so addictive!

Black Croque-Monsieur, Ham, Cherry, Amaretto
Fried Chicken in Duck Fat, Fingerling Potato, Tapenade, Red Bell Pepper Ketchup

Pork Belly, Asian Marinade, Mustard Ice Cream, Frisee, Vadouvan
Chocolate Cup Cake, Chantilly, Candied Bacon-Almonds, Maple Syrup

1 comments:

Fran said...

The Foie Gras looks so wrong.