Monday, August 31, 2009

THE Meatloaf


Today Brad and I made THE meatloaf. This is the best meatloaf I have ever had, and it's our third or fourth time making it.

The recipe is from Gourmet February 08 issue. You can find it here:


Yes, that's prunes in the meatloaf. Trust me, it makes the dish, and yet you don't even taste it.

To accompany the meatloaf I made Gourmet's unstuffed sweet and sour cabbage, which you can find here:


I made it without the meat, and with raisins substituting for cranberries.

The finished dish!

3 comments:

Philip Bewley said...

Hi!
I loved this meatloaf!
I say you on Epicurious. We actually just finished eating it!
Wow, hands down the best meatloaf ever (with a "mystery" ingredient, the prunes!)
We loved it.
you have a terrific blog. You have some very inspiring recipes!

hgrossmann said...

Can you tell me if you cooked the bacon before you chopped it? Or do you put it in the meatloaf raw?

Thanks!

Jolene said...

You chop up the bacon raw and put it in the meatloaf mix raw. It will cook in the oven. You're about to have a great dinner. Enjoy :)