Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Perfecting Fried Rice

Tonight I made fried rice, which Brad ceremoniously declared to be "the best fried rice I've ever had, hands down". Here's the ingredients list:

-1 cup day old brown short grained rice
-soy sauce to taste
-drizzle of sesame oil
-2 slices bacon
-2 eggs
-3/4 onion
-1 carrot
-dash of hot sauce
-handful of watercress

To make this fried rice, put the bacon/onion/carrots/other veggies in the pan first to cook. This releases the fat from the bacon, which will add a nice flavor to the rice. Once the bacon's crispy, add the rice and soy sauce and sesame oil. Finally, make a hole in the middle of the pan and add two scrambled eggs. Once the eggs cook, mix everything together.

I'm still working on perfecting this "recipe", but what I've got so far is definitely better than it was a week ago.



Here's my thrown together dinner. In the background is mackerel with hard boiled egg and mustard hollandaise on top (can you tell that I'm in love with this sauce?), and a salad. Yeah, all of that doesn't really go with fried rice... But I still enjoyed it!

0 comments: