Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Sneak Peak: Creamy Carrot and Sage Soup with Cinnamon Croutons



We're having a couple of friends over for dinner, so I made some creamy carrot soup ahead of time. I got the idea of cinnamon croutons from Hubert Keller's dish (Hearty Carrot and Petite Pea Soup with Cinnamon Croutons) on Top Chef Masters.

http://www.bravotv.com/foodies/recipes/hearty-carrot-and-petite-pea-soup-with-cinnamon-croutons

I'm going to make his soup one day, but for now, this is my version.

Ingredients:

carrots roasted with sage and olive oil
sour cream
half and half
cinnamon
garlic
ginger
onions sauteed in butter
homemade beef stock

Ezekiel bread
cinnamon
olive oil

It is delicious! For dinner tonight I"ll garnish it with a dollop of sour cream, croutons and chopped bacon.

0 comments: