Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Veggie Grill, Irvine


With the exception of the cheeseburger and lamb french dip sandwich I had last night at Westside Tavern, I've been eating much less meat lately. It started when I got hooked on a vegetarian restaurant called Govindas. Now I can't get enough of vegetarian cuisine.

When Brad and I were at UC Irvine for a show, we met up with a veggie loving friend at the Veggie Grill. Modern decor + super healthy food = are we in L.A.? I got the portobello burger which was soooo good. The portobello was soaked in balsamic and other yummies which just permeated the whole burger. It came with a vinegary purple cabbage cole slaw which was mayo-less. We also got the vegan nachos--they were seriously better than the real thing.

Good news: there is a Veggie Grill in L.A.! check out their website here


0 comments: