Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sumo Wrestler Bento


After being inspired by food blogs featuring uber cute bento boxes, I decided to venture into this foreign territory myself now that it's summer and I have more free time. Brad said that he misses the times I made lunch for him every day (I think that was way back in September), so I promised him I would make him bentos this summer.

Before I started, though, I warned him that these bentos were going to be filled with bunnies and flowers and bears, and that he might be embarrassed by his girlie lunch in front of his co-workers. His response? "The more embarrassing the better." Ah, I love a challenge! :)

So here's my first bento: Sumo Wrestler! Brad has a two tiered bento box, so on the top is a cheese and tomato sandwich dressed like a sumo wrestler. His hair is nori, his smile is tomato and the rest is pepper jack cheese. Next to him are cherries. On the bottom tier is broccoli and carrots, an egg shaped like a bunny (hard to see in the pic), and octopus shaped pork sausages.

Brad's two-tiered bento box
Brad's picture of what happened to the sumo wrestler when he opened the box

0 comments: