Thursday, June 3, 2010

Buckwheat Tabouli



My friend recently got me hooked on buckwheat, which is actually neither wheat nor even a grain. It's the seed of a fruit! It's high in protein, quick to cook, and really light and tasty. My favorite way to cook it lately has been in a tabouli in place of bulgur wheat. I got the recipe from the back of the Eden foods packet, but you can access the recipe here.

Ingredients

1 cup Eden Organic Buckwheat, rinsed
2 cups boiling water
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 Tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely minced
3/4 cup fresh parsley, finely minced
2 medium organic tomatoes, diced
1 small cucumber, quartered
1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Eden Sea Salt

I soak my buckwheat overnight in filtered water and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to make it more digestible and to neutralize the anti-nutrients. It gets a little slimy, so you have to wash the slime off afterwards. This is normal!


0 comments: