Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Spaghetti Squash Stir Fry



Last weekend I cooked with spaghetti squash for the first time, and now I am addicted. Although the directions said to microwave it, I really hate using the microwave and decided to bake it. I cut the squash in half lengthwise, scooped out the seeds, placed it cut side down and baked it at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Once out of the oven, I used a fork and scraped the interior to loosen the spaghetti strands.

I made a "spaghetti stir fry" with some chicken sausage, bell peppers, onion, capers, red pepper flakes, chili powder, and garlic. Tomatoes and basil would have been a great addition to this mix, but we didn't have any in the fridge. I made some panko chicken to accompany the stir fry and it was a delicious wholesome meal.


0 comments: