Sunday, November 15, 2009

Cham Korean Bistro

California Bibimbop

This past week my meals ranged from a $10 chicken mole negro to an elegant meal at Jar in Hollywood (Susan Tracht's restaurant--she was on Top Chef Masters!). I really wanted to take pictures in Jar, but it was so dim that using flash would distract everyone in the room. I ordered the signature pot roast, and it was the best pot roast I've ever had! It definitely put my version to shame.

I did take one picture of a meal, and it was at Cham Korean Bistro in Pasadena. This is one of my favorite restaurants right now--too bad it's so far away. It reminds me of M Cafe de Chaya, but cheaper and even tastier. I got the $10 California Bibimbop, which consisted of a bunch of crunchy veggies and your choice of protein (I chose the seared ahi tuna) and grain (I chose brown rice). I am positively in love with this place and its modern decor.

0 comments: