Thursday, February 18, 2010

Le Pain Du Jour, Santa Monica


Le Pain Du Jour in Santa Monica is one of my favorite bakeries. I've tried the pain au chocolat, the ham and cheese croissant and the spinach croissant, and they're all drool worthy, but the one that takes the crown is the almond croissant. Dusted with powdered sugar and sprinkled with toasted almonds, this croissant with its fluffy yet crunchy pastry shell is the juiciest pastry I have ever eaten. "What is that? Almond extract?" I wondered. "Butter," Brad replied. Well butter never tasted so good, and for this I'll gladly take the extra calories.

After my first croissant, I was dreaming about having another one, so I asked for it for Valentine's Day. Yes, just a croissant please. Brad happily obliged (and got one for himself too along with a ham and cheese croissant).

One last thing, it is cash only and selection runs out as the day goes on. Go early for best selection.

2 comments:

Fran said...

Looks good!
I have to correct your "pan" to "pain" of course.
We went shopping at Trader Joe's tonight and I saw they're selling frozen mango with sticky rice. I wonder how good it is. We didn't buy it.

Jolene said...

Haha, I corrected it! Mmm, I should try that TJ's mango with sticky rice. I haven't been there in ages!