Thursday, February 11, 2010

Homemade spicy Inari sushi


You can pay $5 at Nijiya for five pieces of pre-made inari sushi, or you can pay the same amount for twenty inari skins and stuff them yourself. Yup, I got wise and started making my own inari. The skins that I bought are free of msg. I stuffed them with homemade sprouted brown rice mixed with rice vinegar, canned tuna, salt and a little soy sauce to taste.

Next, I topped each inari with a mixture of sriracha and mayonnaise, ginger and avocado (optional). Brad proclaimed it the best inari he's ever eaten. They're so pretty! The avocado and sriracha mayo sauce gives it a nice creaminess, the tofu skins are mildly sweet, and the ginger perks the whole thing up.

2 comments:

Jennica Goo said...

YUUUUUUM, I love how you just made sushi, an already healthy meal, healthier.

Serena said...

OH MY! This looks so amazing. Inari is one of my favorite (if not my ultimate favorite) sushi! <3