Friday, December 10, 2010

Mastros, Beverly Hills



You know that commercial where a couple go to a fancy schmancy restaurant and are served tiny portions of food? They have to have a second dinner at home because they were still hungry after dinner!

When I was at Gordon Ramsay's restaurant a while back, I felt like I was in that commercial. I ordered a mushroom soup and they brought out a pitcher the size of a coffee creamer and then poured the tiny amount of soup into my amusingly large soup bowl.

If you spend the same amount of money at Mastro's, however, you will eat like a sumo wrestler. We went here for a friend's birthday party and we got the private room with a window overlooking the kitchen. We ordered the rib eye (split), oysters on the shell, and all the trimmings (including lobster mashed potatoes, green beans, brussel sprouts, and shishito peppers). The lobster mashed potatoes definitely lived up to the hype. Every bite I took contained a meaty, buttery piece of lobster.

By the end of the meal, I was uncomfortably full. Everybody had leftovers, and our steak was just as good the next day!






0 comments: