Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Best of 2010!


Ah, I love food lists. Here are my top picks for 2010!

Favorite Restaurant of 2010: Petrossian! This is a hands down pick for both me and Brad. Each time we've been there, we have had the best service, the most delicious food, and--strangely enough--the whole place to ourselves! I have no idea why this place is not more crowded than it is. Petrossian, by the way, is a caviar lover's dream. You must get the beef tartar, which is layers of beef tartar with loads of caviar stuffed between each layer. This is Brad's favorite dish. They also have egg salad sandwiches heaped with caviar, caviar tasting blinis, and even an espresso "caviar" panna cotta. The dish that I fell in love with, however, was not a caviar dish. It was their soup. Or soups to be exact. I have tried three of their soups (cauliflower, mushroom and borscht) and they were (I am not exaggerating) the best soups I have ever tasted.


Favorite Brunch Spot: LA Mill in Silver Lake. Sometimes I miss the east side, and a visit to LA Mill fixes that longing with an espresso shot of hipsters and well-crafted food. There is also no other brunch place that can come close to the stylish modern interior of LA Mill. Sitting there eating my little puffs of brioche dougnut holes, I feel both at home and in heaven.


Favorite "Slow Food" Restaurant: Rustic Canyon in Santa Monica. Everything at Rustic Canyon is wonderful in that "rustic" sort of way. Since their menu changes with the season, I would love to come back here again soon.


Favorite "Everyday Meal" Restaurant: Govind
as! And by "everyday", I mean that I would eat there every day if I could. Govindas has been my 2010 restaurant obsession. I love their clean and healthy dining options, and their price of $8 for all you can eat food. Govindas is a part of the Hare Krishna Temple and all their cuisine is vegan/vegetarian.

0 comments: