Friday, November 26, 2010

Sushi Izakaya Gaku, Honolulu


Spicy tuna tartar with quail egg

Brad and I got married in Hawaii a couple of weeks ago, and my first meal of our wedding week just blew me away. I went to Sushi Izakaya Gaku with my friend Erin (Brad had a headache and couldn't come) and now it is my favorite restaurant in Hawaii! In addition to everything pictured, I also got a natto handroll, a spicy tuna handroll, and an additional tamagoyaki for Brad takeout, and the whole tab was around $55! I couldn't believe how affordable everything was, and how delicious it was too. The only downsides are that the parking lot is small and street parking in the area is scarce. Make reservations!

Sushi Izakaya Gaku
fresh tofu with dashi soy gelee on top
Tamagoyaki
Salmon toro sushi
Okinawan Sweet Potato croquettes
Soy milk dessert

0 comments: