Sunday, July 11, 2010

Chuao Chocolates, Encinitas CA




We took a road trip last weekend down to Encinitas and San Diego to visit the newly weds and one of my first food stops was Chuao Chocolates. I always come here whenever we are in Encinitas. The chocolates are a bit pricey at around $2 each, but they are so worth it! The flavors are outrageous. Here are some of the chocolates I've tried:

Roasted Panko Bread Crumbs with olive oil ganache and sea salt (tasted like rice krispies and chocolate! haha)
Caramel and Sea Salt (couldn't really taste the sea salt)

I also tried...

Strawberry caramel with balsamic vinegar (excellent!)
Roasted caramelized almond slivers with pistachios and orange peel (not a fan of the orange + chocolate pairing)
Green tea and Ginger

I already have my next trip planned... I want to try:

Goat cheese, pear and crushed black pepper butter cream

Lemon tequila dark chocolate ganache

Click here to go to Chuao's website.

0 comments: